About Hearing Loss
Hearing loss is extremely difficult to self diagnose. Many people think having a hearing loss means everything gets quieter. In most cases, what really happens is people still hear, they just don’t hear clearly. For example: a husband may hear his wife speak, but he doesn’t quite catch what she says. Here are a few check list items to go through when determining if a hearing test is needed. It is perfectly normal if you are still unsure, come in to to our office today for a FREE professional hearing exam and official diagnosis by our audiologist.
- Do you think other people sound muffled or like they’re mumbling?
- Do you have to ask people to repeat things?
- Have you been asked to lower the television volume?
- Do you have difficulty hearing in noisy environments such as restaurants or social events?
- Do you sometimes answer or respond at inappropriate times in a conversations?
- Are you stressed out about straining to hear what others are saying?
- Do you withdraw from social situations that you once enjoyed because due to difficulty hearing?
- Do you read lips or more intently watch people’s faces when they speak with you?